Whether it's a newfound passion, goal or even a lifelong hobby, learn how to 'green' your workout routine!
- Go outside: Gyms and in-home exercise machines just create more energy waste. Check out some new biking routes, hiking trails or a refreshing jog through the city. BONUS: outdoor exercising is FREE!
- Green your gym (alternative to tip 1): If the weather or your willpower does not permit you to exercise outdoors, try to inspire your gym to take more green initiatives. Ask if they can provide recycling bins and start/maintain a 1 towel per customer policy. If you are still looking for your perfect gym to join, make sure you pick one that has environmentally friendly goals! Check out these 5 questions to see if your gym is eco-friendly.
- Carpool/bike: Grab a workout buddy or two to carpool with to the gym or a hiking trail, and help motivate each other along the way! Even better, bike to your destination to burn extra calories!
- Eco-friendly workout gear: Organic cotton and bamboo thread are great materials for workout clothing. Also, look around for secondhand weights and other gear.
- Invest in a reusable water bottle: Cut down on your waste and spending by purchasing a reusable water bottle to keep you hydrated. There are even models with built-in filters if that's a concern!
- RECYCLE worn out sneakers: Instead of tossing out sneaky, torn up sneakers, drop them off at your local Nike store! They are used to build new tracks and courts.