This week's green tip is a short, but important, one! As we're approaching the holiday season, it's time to think of others more so than ever. Instead of waiting until the New Year to clear out your pantry by throwing away expired food, take time now to pull out the acceptable items for donation.
Use this website to find all of the food banks in Philadelphia, or any area you may be in.
Here are some ideas of [unopened] food items to donate:
- Meals in a can (soup, stew, chili)
- Tuna or canned chicken
- Peanut butter, or other nut butters
- Canned fruit in its own juice or water
- Low-sodium canned vegetables
- Olive or canola oil
- Low-sugar whole grain cereals