The well known adage states "You don't get a second chance to make a first impression". Temple's Office of Sustainability takes that message to heart. Each fall, Temple welcomes new students and their families to campus. The Office of Sustainability uses the opportunity of Welcome Week to reach out to new members of the Temple community to inform them of the university's commitment to sustainability and to ask for their involvement.
To acquaint new students with Temple's green initiatives, Temple's Office of Sustainability:
- participates in the new student orientation fair;
- engages parents at the Parent Orientation;
- sponsors a sustainability-focused community service event;
- provides a “Sustainability 101” training to Owl Ambassadors, who serve as the guides during new student orientation; and,
- gives a formal orientation to Temple's five professional schools, which consists of a Sustainability 101” training.