The Office of Sustainability wants to fund your next big green idea.
Temple University's Student Green Grant builds upon our institutional commitment to sustainability by funding student-led projects seeking to positively impact our local environment and community.
Application deadline is November 27, 2019.
The proposed project must address at least one component of sustainability (environmental, economic, social) as outlined in Temple University’s definition of sustainability. Priority will be given to projects that address all three aspects of sustainability. Projects must also include an educational, community engagement, and/or outreach component.
- Applicants are required to be a recognized student organization. Student organizations actively pursuing recognition will also be considered.
- Project Leaders from the student organizations must also be enrolled in Temple University both at the time of application submission and the following semester.
- Project Leaders must have at least one semester of involvement with their student organization at the time of application submission.
- Projects that involve participation or partnership from non-Temple Students (e.g. community members, local non-profits, etc.) are permitted, but projects are required to be student-led.
- Applicants must also identify a faculty mentor prior to application submission. The student organizations faculty adviser can fill this role if they are able to fulfill the requirements.
Expectations of Award Recipient
- Progress Reports: Award recipients are expected to prepare bi-monthly (every other month) progress reports reviewing the project’s milestones as outlined in the submitted timeline. These progress reports will be reviewed at meetings with the Office of Sustainability throughout the award period.
- Report: Award recipients will submit a report upon the completion of their project. Reports are expected to be well-written and organized. This report should summarize the purpose of the project, the implementation of the project, and review the final product, results, and/or impacts. Photos and other supporting documents should be included in this report. The final report will be shared on The Office of Sustainability’s website.
- Participation in Office of Sustainability Events: Award recipients are expected to participate in at least one education presentation or demonstration of their project during an Office of Sustainability sponsored event.
Application Deadline is November 27, 2019 at 11:59 PM. Submissions will be reviewed by staff members of the Office of Sustainability. Applicants will be subjected to a two-step screening process. The first round of screening will narrow down submissions based on how well they meet the project criteria. Applicants who pass the preliminary screening process, will be asked to meet with the Office of Sustainability staff for an interview. Additional documentation may be requested following the interview. Applicants will be informed of their application status in early January.